Setting sail....

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

In Control?

To give you a little glimpse into our household over the past week or so...
Went on a trip to NC, husband got a rash and we thought it was shingles but turned out to be pityriasis rosea, changed over to cloth diapers, attempted to shave the dogs, went to a Memorial Day swim, and many, many more things!

So, now I bet you are wondering what the point to all that was. Well, I'll tell you! I was talking to some friends yesterday about planning for baby #2 and we were talking about what I call "the fear factor". The fear factor is when you get freaked out by the possibility of 2 children to be responsible for, twice as much food, twice as much laundry, twice as many boo-boos and midnight feedings all over again. Even though Mr. Goodbar and I are sure we want more children, I still have those moments. When I get all mentally prepared and say "I can handle more children, no problem" I get freaked out and think, I can't do that! I can't handle breastfeeding a baby ever 4 hours while trying to keep up with a toddler!

But you know what keeps me sane....knowing I don't have to "handle it". I don't have to do it. I don't have to deal with everything. Why, you ask....because I have someone who will handle it for me, NO not a nanny---GOD!

I know that God has promised that he won't give me more than I can handle, he won't leave me! I look back on Junior Mint's life and realize I didn't get him to this point....God did! God gave me the knowledge and ability to handle everything that came my way.

There were many nights that I thought "I'm so tired I will never hear him wake up", but I always did. There were days I thought I couldn't get up, but I did. There were days I thought "if I have to breastfeed one more time today I will scream", but I never did. There were days I thought that if I had to scrub baby poop off of one more outfit I would loose it, but I didn't.

You see, I quickly realized I wasn't in control of my life. Many people tried to say, you don't control your life anymore, you live for your baby! Don't get me wrong....I love my family beyond belief, but that isn't what I live for. I live to bring glory to God! I am not in control of my life, because God is in control of my life! God knows what I can handle and what I can't, he knows where my breaking point is and he knows me better than I know myself!

Mr. Goodbar and I decided a long time ago that we would put our family in His hands and let Him guide our lives. We realized if things had gone according to our plan, things would be A LOT different, and not in a good way!

So, you see whether it is thoughts of another baby or new job or a potential spouse...put it in His control, happily! We always tell our son to obey without whining, complaining or arguing.....do you do that with God? Do you put him in control? Do you obey the first time, all the way, with a happy heart? Just remember God will never give you more than you can handle....if you allow him to handle it for you!

Remember the song: "Cast all your cares upon Jesus"


Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.--Isaiah 41:10

¨But God is faithful, and he will not let YOU be tempted beyond what YOU can bear, but along with the temptation he will also make the way out in order for YOU to be able to endure it.¨--1 Corinthians 10:13 . . .


2 comments:

Karen ~Georgia Angel aka ~Leah Rose's Mom said...

Thank you so much for reminding me of these scriptures. I've been in a panic lately over money and upcoming surgeries for my 5 year old daughter, that I had forgotten that I'm not the one in control. God bless you.
http://www.myleahrose.com/blog/
http://www.ageorgiaangel.com/blog/

jenny said...

Amen! That is what keeps us going:0