Setting sail....

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Update...

I know that several of you saw my Tweet last week about having a great weekend planned. I thought I would share what we did and how it went.

We made plans to have a double-date with a great couple (our associate pastor's daughter and son-in-law). They have a son that is 9 months..the cutest little red-headed boy you have EVER seen! Larry (or as Junior Mint calls him Lar-ly) is amazing with kids and Junior Mint absolutely adores him!! So, the boys were going to stay there Saturday evening to play while we went out. I wanted Junior Mint to be comfortable at his house so we visited on Friday, so he could "get to know the joint" and boy did he! He LOVED it. He loved playing on their deck and doing "laps" through their kitchen. We got ready to leave and he didn't want to go..that's when I realized he would be JUST FINE!

The other mom and I planned a day trip to the awesome outlet malls in North Georgia, that went amazing. The boys hung in there and just enjoyed some Chick-fil-A and some cruising in the strollers. It was great!

After that, we traveled back here to Marietta to drop off the kids for some adult fun...that included going to the gun range (which I haven't been since before I got pregnant and the other dad hadn't been in about 9 years and the other mom had NEVER shot) then off to Japanese! The range was fun..as always, it's a great way to relieve stress! Then we went to the Japanese restaurant and had a blast...I decided we don't get out near enough as just a couple!

Anyway, when we got back to Lar-ly's the kids were playing away and we found our neighbors (which Junior Mint is convinced they are his grandparents too) there and playing with the kids as well. We were getting ready to leave and the boys were having NONE of it...they were NOT ready to leave. So, we decided to hang out for some ice cream cake (from Trader Joes and it was awesome!). Junior Mint was up way passed his bedtime but he was good and didn't want to leave. I promised him he could go back soon!

It was a GREAT weekend! We planned a play date for tomorrow at our house with Lar-ly and the most adorable little red-headed boy you have ever seen! I know they are going to be best buds!

Junior Mint made a new friend, Mommy and Mr. Goodbar made awesome new friends and the "Atlanta grandparents" got to play...what better way to spend a weekend!!

3 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Glad to hear you had a great weekend. Thank you for following my blog. I will follow your blog, too. I don't see the button, so I will go to my dashboard to make sure that you get followed. Thanks again for thinking of me.

Veronica Lee said...

I'm not on facebook or twitter so I'll follow you via my blogger dashboard.

Mommyof2girlz said...

It sounds like a great weekend and I love the nicknames...haha Thanks for the follow, I am returning the love :)