Setting sail....

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Monday, June 15, 2009

God is Great...God is Good

So, I’m not really sure where to start this post…so I’ll start in the beginning. Stick with me, I promise you will want to read the info that will slowly begin to make itself known!

When Mr. Goodbar and I decided to start our family we thought it would be like you always hear….you go off birth control and bam 6 months to a year later, there you have it, a baby. But God had different plans, his timing was WAY better than ours…God is Great, God is Good!

After two and half years of trying and blood work after blood work and appointment after appointment, we were pregnant with Junior Mint….God is Great, God is Good!

However, when I found out I was pregnant, I instantly had horrible pains that put me in the hospital where they thought I was having an ectopic pregnancy. Come to find out it was a cyst that ruptured on one ovary while the baby came from the other…God is Great, God is Good!

So, the pregnancy progressed well and delivery came. I was supposed to be induced but found out I was already in labor when I got there. After a fairly quick progression, I started to push, and push and push. I pushed for 5 hours and nothing was happening! Junior Mint ended up having to be vacuumed out. It was a miracle that his heart rate never dropped and that he was born without anything broken…God is Great, God is Good!

Moving on, Junior Mint is an amazing little boy that is growing so fast! Mr. Goodbar and I decided that we want our children close in age a long time ago. We had decided to start trying to get pregnant this summer. Well, the first month we decided to stop trying to avoid pregnancy, you guessed it…we found out we were PREGNANT…God is Great, God is Good!

Everything was going well, until this morning, the day of my first OB appt. I woke up with bleeding…and if you know anything about pregnancy, that’s NOT good. It got pretty bad and very, VERY, scary! So off to the doctor we go, praying and praying and when we thought we were done praying, we prayed some more! They started the OB questions and I interrupted her and told her about my bleeding, I didn’t want to go through all that just to find out something had happened to the baby. So off to the ultrasound we go. That felt like the longest probably 2 minutes ever! As I lay there waiting for that black and white image, I don’t think Mr. Goodbar or I took a single breath. And there it was, the little baby, with a strong heartbeat, looking perfect…God is Great, God is Good!

To sum it all up, the Noble Nuggets are adding a little nugget! I have to go back for another ultrasound in two weeks and “take it easy” until then. They are pretty sure I had a something, something hemorrhage. Basically, during implantation a piece of the uterus comes off…or something like that. I am still having some bleeding but taking it easy thanks to an AMAZING husband and WONDERFUL friends…God is Great, God is Good!!

(UPDATE: it was called a Subchorionic Hemorrhage)

Please keep us in your prayers over the next few weeks and months. Please pray that this baby will grow healthy and strong. Most importantly, please pray that HIS will be done and we will accept His will and not loose sight of what is important, that GOD IS GREAT, GOD IS GOOD!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Praise the Lord, so glad to hear that your sweet little one is still alive and kicking! Take it easy, and enjoy your pregnancy!

Mommy24cs said...

Congratulations!! What great news :o) I will be praying for you!