Setting sail....

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Saturday, July 25, 2009

What is happening???

I know many of you know by now what is happening in the Noble family, but for some of you I'm sure you are asking "what is happening?" And right now, I find myself asking the same thing.

I will start at the beginning. For the back ground to all of this you can check out the post "God is Great...God is Good!" Yesterday morning I woke up with some pretty heavy bleeding, if you read the above post you know this is not unusual, but I wasn't sure when it was too much bleeding and should worry, so I called my OB nurse, Brooke, who is amazing. She decided I needed to come in for an "immediate ultrasound". The sound of that was worrisome but I tried to stay calm. We have a wonderful associate pastor who was able to keep Junior Mint and our awesome neighbor drove me so I could ride home with Mr. Goodbar (who was meeting me there).

Well, as soon as my ultrasound started we both knew there was something wrong...then came those dreaded words "Honey, I am so sorry". It took a few seconds to set in and when it did, it hit hard! So, there we sat in the ultrasound room crying, more so balling our eyes out. Then we had to move to the room to speak with the doctor. There it became even more real as we had to discuss our next options. It all was a blur, I just wanted her to hurry up so we could get out of there, but that wasn't the case. They gave us 15 minutes to get to the hospital (which wasn't a problem because it is directly across the street) so they could work me into surgery. You see, I was 12 weeks and 5 days and the other options were not something I wanted; the idea of "wait and see what happens" wasn't happening in my book, I knew I couldn't handle that.

So, off to the surgery center we went. We went from home, to the doctor, to the hospital, to pre-op to the OR in a matter of hours. There an amazing doctor (Dr. McLendon if you EVER need a wonderful OB-GYN) explained how something wasn't right from the beginning, between my placenta and the hemmorhage. He held my hand as they put me to sleep, reassuring me that I would have more perfect babies just like my perfect son I have now! Everything went well, I guess if that's how to describe everything. I was home by 4:30 and resting.

Yes, I am okay. Surprisingly, okay. Yes, I have cried but over all I'm surprisingly good. I have faith in my God. I will find a way to glorify Him. I don't know why this happened. I know there is no reason for me to be angry, who is there to be angry with? I know my God didn't do this out of "retaliation" for my sins or because he enjoys his children hurting. I know my God has reasons for everything, while I may not understand it, I know there is a reason. I had a wonderful person, Angela, send me this yesterday:

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (she sent 1-13 but that's really long)

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

It came at such a wonderful time. As I was laying in bed last night, a song kept ringing in my head:

I will serve You, Lord always

For You are my strength when I am weak

And I will never be afraid

For You are my rock and You protect me

But I'll praise You, for You are Holy Lord

And I'll lift my hands but You are worthy of so much more


For You are awesome God of the Nations

Lion of Judah, Rock of the Ages

Alpha, Omega. Worthy of all praise

More than these hands I raise


You see, I am fine, I will be fine. I know my God is right beside me, you see, if I lean on Him I can't go wrong! He IS my strength and He IS my rock!!

Thank you for all your prayers and support!!!

4 comments:

Stephanie Stearns Dulli said...

Oh honey. I am so sorry that my first comment on your blog is one of condolences. I am truly sorry for the loss of your baby. My heart aches for you and your family are in my prayers,

Gordon Noble said...

I do believe that "all things work togather for the good to them that love the Lord". Think of it this was...God is always gathering flowers for the Masters boquet...sometimes He wants a Bud to watch it bloom...your little one is a bloom in the Masters Hand.I love you guys. Uncle Gordon

Gordon Noble said...

"All things work togather for the good to them that love the Lord". The Scriptures do not say we are to understand all the "things.The song says "Gathering flouers for the Masters Boquet". Sometimes God wants a Little But, to watch is Bloom. How much more honor could there be.We love you Guys...Uncle Gordon

jenny said...

so sorry. The Lord always will comfort.