Setting sail....

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Famous Question....

I have been meaning to blog about this for a while, but little things kept distracting me...I know they shouldn't!!!

If you are a Christian I know you have heard this question and if you are not I am pretty sure you have asked this question:

How could such a loving God send someone to hell?

A very dear, loved friend (and associate pastor) explained it to someone at our house recently and I thought about how AWESOME his explanation was and how I wish I had heard it much earlier in my life, so I thought I would share it with all of you!

Q: How could such a loving God send someone to hell?
A: It's like this.....you go somewhere and someone wants to give you a gift of M&Ms (cause they are great) and you refuse to take them. They keep wanting to give them to you but you keep saying "NO". It is a free gift of something that could give you some kind of satisfaction, but you don't want it.

Well...God is like that person, he has a free gift to give you and it can give you satisfaction in life, but you don't want the free gift. So, you see God doesn't send people to hell, people choose to not except the gift of life and send themselves to hell!

Now, next time you hear that question you can offer a little piece of insight!!



**Sorry Larry if I didn't get it verbatim**

No comments: