Setting sail....

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Can you give 40 days??

Tomorrow begins a very important period for Christians....yes, it is Ash Wednesday but it is also day one of the 40 Days for Life campaign!

40 Days for Life is a campaign focused on making communities aware of the consequences of abortion through a peaceful approach! The 40 days follows the example laid out biblically where God used 40 days to transform people. This campaign calls for 40 days of prayer, fasting and vigil. Seeing as I am pregnant....fasting won't be involved but I will be taking part in the prayer! All of us can do that. Devote a few minutes of your day to praying for the innocent lives that are lost every year to abortion...and those numbers are shocking!!

Check out some statistics:

Since 1973, there have been over 47,000,000 abortions in the United States.
That's 1,300,000 babies every year
That's 108,333 babies every month
That's 27,083 babies every week
That's 3,735 babies every day
That's 155 babies every hour
That's 2.6 babies every minute
That's 1 baby every 25 seconds!

· 88.1% of abortions take place in the first 3 months of pregnancy; over 50% of all abortions take place in the first 8 weeks

· Approximately 12% of abortions take place in the second or third trimester of pregnancy

· 78% of women having abortions report a religious affiliation

· 61% of women having abortions have one or more children

Reasons Woman give for having an abortion:

· 3/4 say that having a baby would interfere with work, school, or other responsibilities.

· 23% say they cannot afford to have a child.

· Over 90% say they are having an abortion because of some type of "social" reason (convenience, money, not ready for a child, etc)

Rape and incest consist of less than 0.5% of all abortions

I know 40 days is a lot…we as Americans can’t seem to commit to 40 days of anything…but lets make a commitment to these 40 days!!

Take a few minutes every day to ask God to end this attack on innocent children, talk to your friends about the statistics and educate them, take action to let everyone know your stance, if your stance is Pro-Choice, evaluate your faith and remember:

Psalms 139:13-16

Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
you formed me in my mother's womb.
I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking!
Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
I worship in adoration—what a creation!
You know me inside and out,
you know every bone in my body;
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared
before I'd even lived one day.

If you have had an abortion, take this opportunity to ask forgiveness.

Proverbs 28:13
He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy.

Remember, God forgives ALL!! He will cast your sins as far as the East is from the West!

Take this 40 days to make a difference….in the lives of others, babies and yourself!

Can you give 5 minutes a day for 40 days…that’s just 200 minutes, just 3 hrs. 20 minutes?? That’s less than 3 and half episodes of most TV shows!!

Check out the 40 Days for Life website!!

No comments: