Setting sail....

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WOW...what a day!

All I can say is WOW!! Yesterday was probably one of the worst days Junior Mint and I have ever had....that's bad!

He was an angel day before yesterday...so of course, me being the proud mom I am, bragged forever to anyone who cared that he was so good and behaved so well for me. WELL.....then it hit yesterday! Mr. Goodbar said I bragged too much and he thought he would even it out for me...and that he did. I can honestly say that Junior Mint won the battle yesterday, which is my fault! I realize that I had given up, by the time the afternoon came we had had the following:

  • Dog food dumped out 3 times and picked up (by Junior Mint)
  • Dog water dumped out 1 time
  • Junior Mint took his clothes off
  • Junior Mint took his diaper off and peed in the floor twice before I could get to him (then laughed)
  • Dumped out the dog treats and fed them to the dogs off and on ALL day because he hid them in places where I didn't find them
  • Cried through nap (which NEVER happens)
  • Counted 1-2-3 and jumped off the couch about 20 times
  • Sprayed the dogs with air freshner
  • Used his picnic table like a jungle gym
  • Pulled the dog off the couch by his hair
And I'm sure the list goes on and on! Where was I you ask....well, right behind him. I told Mr. Goodbar I was putting out fires all day. There was instruction and correction, but yesterday he just didn't seem to care! Not to mention, this little nugget in my belly had me feeling yucky and I didn't sleep the night before...which I know is NO excuse! I was just so done by the time Mr. Goodbar got home.

I realized this morning, Junior Mint had won! He was trying my patience and trying to see what he could do to bother me and he won! I let him win a battle...one that I can't let him win again. I know there will be bad days, and some really bad days, but that doesn't mean that I can just give up and let it happen! I forgot the most important thing....I'm not a single parent, I have Mr. Goodbar but I also have someone much stronger than him, much more patient than either one of us, much more capable of handling these stressful situations...GOD! I forgot to seek help and guidance when I needed it most. I forgot to lean on him for understanding and answers! But I know that even though I failed yesterday, I can start over today. I can lean today where I didn't yesterday. I won't make my failures Junior Mint's and I won't allow him to be disobedient to me because I was to my God...I gave up and I won't allow him to give up on listening and obeying. I will remember that I am not alone...none of us are!

No matter if we decide to check out as a mom, dad, child, worker, follower....we have to remember that we have someone much more capable to handling all this on our side, ready to advocate for us, ready to help us...we just have to call out His name!


From Hugs for New Moms book:

"When motherhood is draining the best of you and you feel overwhelmed and ill-equipped for the responsibilities of caring for your family, look up and remember that I'm your ever-present helper! Come to Me, and I'll refresh you and recharge your emotional, physical, and spiritual batteries. You'll find that with My help you can accomplish amazing things you could never do alone.

Energizing you
Your All-Powerful God"

~from Psalm 121:1-2, Matthew 11:28 and Philippians 4:13

No comments: