Setting sail....

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Friday, May 28, 2010

Are you SERIOUS????

Well....yesterday was another day of "are you serious?" I went to bed Wednesday with some cramping and back pain. I thought if it wasn't any better by the morning I would call the doc and ask. I woke up Thursday morning and the pain was much worse!!

I went to the doctor and the midwife said I was "in limbo", she couldn't tell if I was actually in labor or not, because I had dilated some but it was only a little! She sent me to the hospital to get monitored and left me with the thought that "you may have a baby today". When I got there I was having contractions about every 4 minutes. They were consistent and regular, I had dilated to 3 cm. The doctor came in and told me since I was only 36 weeks they wouldn't help me along. They won't break my water until 37 weeks--so this doctor says! I wonder if I had my regular doctor if the answer would have been different!?!

They sent me home, with contractions every 5 minutes or so, gave me a shot for pain and said to come back when my water breaks or they are 2-3 minutes apart!!

So.....where are we now, you ask?? I am home, having contractions about every 5 minutes or so, some are more painful than others, having back labor, and cramping (for you ladies, like the worst menstrual cramps ever). We are waiting, trying EVERYTHING to get this baby to come!! I have an appointment on Tuesday, where we will have to have a discussion about how I can't have contractions every 5 minutes with back labor for another week!! It is hard to walk at points and definitely hard to accomplish anything!!

Well...that's about it. Yesterday was a CRAZY day to say the least!!!

No comments: