Setting sail....

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Monday, May 17, 2010

The light at the end of the tunnel....



WOO-HOO....I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

We went back to the doctor today and got some good news!! He wanted to get another ultrasound, he said he trusted theirs a little more than the hospitals since they do them all day, everyday on just babies! I'm so glad they did one!! The wonderful thing is they could see that his lungs are doing well and he is breathing well on his own!! The steroids did their job!! They also know his bladder is developed and working (he had to pee while she was looking at him). He is actually measuring on target with my due date, not two weeks ahead. I know that seems to be a bad thing, but it's a good thing! It means we don't have a gigantic baby and we don't have to worry about the things that could be wrong when your baby measures big! He has gained weight so they know he is growing (not shrinking). He's weighing in at 5 lbs. 5 oz.

I, on the other hand, have lost 3 more pounds! I am now only 3 lbs. heavier than when I got pregnant!! They aren't worried because the little nugget is growing and gaining weight, it's just me. That seems like an awesome thing, and it is to a point. He is running out of room to move and grow, so I need to gain weight. Here is the awesome thing...I have to consume more calories and gain weight!! That means all those fattening foods most pregnant women avoid....I get to indulge in them!!! That's pretty exciting! My wonderful Mr. Goodbar has promised milkshakes at night!!

I asked about coming off the medication and he said one more week....ONLY ONE MORE WEEK!! I get to stop taking the meds next Monday! It makes me hot, dizzy and sleepy so I am SO excited! Not to mention, I have to set an alarm at night to take it, so I will get to sleep through the night! I know it's preparation for the next couple of months, but I would like to get a few full nights sleep before he gets here!! He also seemed optimistic that I could come off strict bed rest on Monday too!! That's great!! It's exciting to know that in just a couple of weeks he could be here, safe and healthy!!!

We got some great news today!! I'm much more upbeat now! It makes it a lot easier to handle when you know it's only one more week of bed rest and meds!!


Please continue to pray for our little nugget and his growth!!

1 comment:

The Culbertsons said...

Hi - I found your blog from the comment you left on the Babywise blog about cloth diapering. I went to the website you mentioned and those prices are amazing! How long have your diapers lasted from her? Do you think you will be able to use them again for your new baby? Thanks for your info, I found it very helpful!